Labour Legislation in South Africa
- Make sure that your company’s disciplinary procedures are as simple as those laid out in Schedule 8 of the Labour Relations Act.
- Make sure you know the difference between misconduct and poor performance.
At CHA Consulting we’ll take away the worry of dealing with industrial relations issues. We offer advice, guidance and the assistance you need to take swift and appropriate action, fairly and within the bounds of the South African labour law. You focus on running and building your business with the peace of mind knowing that CHA Consulting expertise is on hand to assist you with any industrial relations challenges.
Why you should use an experienced labour consultant
- The CCMA is currently dealing with over 100 000 cases every year, the majority relate to allegations of unfairness brought by employees against employers.
- 40% of employers in South Africa have lost their case at a CCMA arbitration.
- 80% of cases referred to the CCMA are for unfair dismissal disputes!
Get your disciplinary process right and make sure that if you do you to the CCMA you have followed the correct procedures and don’t become one of the 40%! Contact CHA Consulting today.
Labour Consulting Services
Drawing up employment contracts
Shop Steward meetings
General disciplining of staff i.e. counselling, warnings etc.
Dispute resolution (CCMA/Bargaining Council preparation and presentation
Drafting company polices and procedures including:
- Grievance procedures
- Disciplinary codes and procedures
- Retrenchment policies
- HR procedures and policies (leave, sick leave, maternity leave etc.)
- Employment equity policies
- HIV / AIDS policies
- Sexual harrassment policies
- Training policies